Thank you for visiting Mama Goose Postpartum. My goal as a trained babywearing educator and child passenger safety technician is to help you find the best fit for your postpartum lifestyle. I have a large selection of wraps and carriers in an assortment of styles ready to try. I am also familiar with most carriers on the market and am able to provide assistance with your personal collection. As a certified car seat technician I am trained in the proper installation and usage of all types of carseats and booster seats available. I can also help you pick the right seat for your child’s age, weight, height and developmental stage.
- Benefits of Babywearing
- Studies have shown worn infants cry less and are generally happier
- Newborns are in tune with the caregiver’s heartbeat and breathing helping them to regulate their breathing
- Helps to promote physical and mental development
- Has similar benefits as tummy time to work the infant’s core muscles
- Provides bonding for caregivers and the infant in a safe and comforting environment
- The best benefit of all is that it allows you to be hands-free while holding your snuggly love!
- Car Seat Safety Tips
Seventy-three percent of car seats are not used or installed correctly, so before you hit the road, check your car seat.
- Use your vehicle’s lower anchors (LATCH System) or seat belt with the top tether to secure the car seat, whichever gives a more secure fit in the vehicle. Don’t use both the lower anchors and seat belt at the same time as it can put undue stress on the car seat.
- Inch Test – Once your car seat is installed, give it a tug at the base to make sure it does not slide more than one inch side to side or front to back.
- Pinch Test – The harness should be tightly buckled with the chest clip placed at armpit level. Pinch the straps and if you are unable to pinch any excess webbing the seat is properly tightened.